Who is it for?
Undergraduate Students who are highly motivated and show strong academic promise and interest in the philosophy of science, including but not limited to:
- Underrepresented racial/ethnic backgrounds
- Students with disabilities
- First-generation undergraduates
- Undergraduates from groups underrepresented in philosophy of science
- North American students only
While this program is designed for students traditionally underrepresented in philosophy of science, all qualified undergraduate applicants will be considered. Past coursework in philosophy of science is not a prerequisite for application to the Summer Program. The University of Pittsburgh, as an educational institution and as an employer, does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities.